We were discussing the manifestation of tongues in the previous posts.We found
- Tongues are acquired in a supernatural manner.They are given by the Holy Spirit.
- This happened first in the upper room (Acts 2:4)
- It was a fulfillment of Jesus’ prophesy in Mark 16:17
- It was a sign for unbelievers.
- It is a spoken language
- There are different kinds of tongues
The above are discussed in the post “Speaking in tongues”.Through the posts on “Different kinds of tongues(1,2 and 3)” we also discussed some kinds of tongues outlined in scripture
- Tongues to praise God (For worship),Tongues for communing with God, Prayer languages,Tongues of men,Tongues of angels,etc are some
- Some can be interpreted,some not
Many today object against the use of tongues.The biblical view is
- 1 Corinthians 14:26 says “How is it brethren?Whenever you come together,each of you,….has a tongue”
- The above verse is a great “For” the use of tongues in Church.This also tells us that the early church was for the use of tongues
1 Corinthians 14:26-28 point out some things on how to use tongues
- Let all things be done for edification
- For tongues that can be interpreted, you need to (or can)
- 1 Corinthians14:39 says “Do not forbid to speak in tongues”
- 1 Corinthians 14:40 “Let all things be done decently and in order”
Meditate on these scriptures and take a great decision…Share your decision with your brethren too
God bless !